Wednesday 13 April 2016

(vol 3) CHAPTER 07 – “Over The Word Limit”

AWAY FROM THE OFFICE

First off, let me apologise. It irks me to even consider skipping a blog day, but that is what almost happened. I’ve spent the last two days away from work on a training course all about learning to give a training course (yes, it’s just like INCEPTION).

Add to this that I made the decision to walk home both days (around 60mins) so that I could pick up my son from nursery (his smile was totally worth the exhaustion) and Mother Nature deciding to throw a mini two-day summer, and all I can think about right now is sleep.

But then I thought no, I’m going to do it. So here we go.



WHEN FLASH JUST ISN’T ENOUGH

In my last post I brought to your attention three awesome authors who allowed me to beta read their latest works. It was an awesome experience and I hope that I can use what I learned from the outside of their projects to improve the inside of my project(s).

A few days after this I thought about other work that has been, is currently, or will soon be, published by the FlashDogs, and it turns out that there’s quite a bit.

It’s because of this that I decided to make a place where they can all be collected together. Because it’s awesome that these people, all brought together by their skill and love of the short, short form of fiction, all successful in their own right across the Flash Fiction circuit, are not just content with testing themselves in the limited form.

There’s Craig Anderson with his trilogy of novella’s, Liz Hedgecock with her collection of bite-sized Sherlock stories, and Michael Blackbourn with his intelligent and thought provoking sci-fi shorts.
But who else, I hear someone call out from the back row.

Well, there’s Tamara Shoemaker who is currently writing two fantasy trilogies at the same time (madness).

There’s Holly Geely with her own fantasy trilogy on the go as well as a collection of shorts (which I’ve recently added to my Kobo).

Let’s not forget Emily June Street who not only just rereleased The Velocipede Races but is also working on an epic(!) fantasy series herself (yes, the fantasy genre is well represented).

And, there’s also Margaret Locke, currently making a name for herself with her period-romance-with-a-twist novels.

These people are just the one’s I can remember off the top of my head while I sit at my laptop tonight (dinners nearly ready). I know that there are a few others from the pack who are like me; close to realising that publishing dream and once their projects are released, they’ll be going up on the list to.

So if you like what you’ve seen through the various works already linked on this blog, if you’ve read the amazing Flash Fiction written by my fellow FlashDogs, or if you’re actually one of them and have a couple of favourite authors you feel you’d like more from, check out the OTHER AUTHORS page. It’s a work in progress. I’m adding authors I’m currently aware of throughout this week. If you like the fantasy genre then you’ll be well catered for.

And that’s all for now.

Hope you’re all enjoying the sunshine while it lasts. I’ll be back in two weeks for an update on my WIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment