Wednesday 21 November 2018

(vol 5) CHAPTER 06: "NaNoWriMo 2018 - Day 21"

This NaNo is starting to take it's toll.

While the story itself is chugging a long, that is also the problem. It's chugging a long. For the last two years I couldn't wait to get to writing each day. And I wrote, A lot for me. I never got stuck or felt like I was worrying about my 1667 daily target.

But this year it's almost become a chore.

Don't get me wrong. I like the story. And I think there's promise there. But I didn't plan as well as I could have, and so I'm almost treading water now, throwing ideas for scenes together, knowing that when I edit, a lot will be chopped out and/or rewritten.

I even have the regular issue where I've either forgotten a characters name from an earlier part of the story, or I haven;t even given them a name (Harrison's wife it sill called 'Harrison's wife' and I'm nearly 40,000 words in!).

But I'm not worried about hitting the target. The 12th was still the only day I didn't hit my target, and I'm not near the end of the story, so every thing should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment