Search This Blog

Saturday, 27 December 2014

Flash! Friday

FF – 26th December 2014

This week there was no prompt, only the following picture.

Enjoy.




TROPHIES

For seven centuries the Dragons Three had watched over my people. They were the most beautiful creatures I had ever seen. When I was a little girl I would spend many an afternoon up in the hills in the hope of catching a glimpse. Nothing made me happier than watching them soar like dancing rainbows in the sky.

The man who would be king feared our protectors. He saw challenge where there was none. As the summer left our world for another year he dug deep and paid highly for the best hunters in the land.

It saddens me to know my own children will never know a world with Dragons. All they will have are the stories passed down and the three heads that now sit in our village square.

The king calls them trophies.

We call it a warning, one that we’ve decided to ignore.



No comments:

Post a Comment