Search This Blog

Friday, 19 December 2014

Flash! Friday

FF – 19th December 2014

This week there was no prompt, only the following picture.

Enjoy.


WHAT’S BETTER THAN A MILLENNIUM FALCON?

Santa looked at the grizzled detective sat across from him. “Hello Peter.”

“Hello Santa.”

“You want to tell me what I’m doing here? It’s Christmas Eve and I’ve still got places to be.”

“You’re not going anywhere. I’ve been chasing you for 32 years and I’ve finally got you.”

“Are you still mad about that? Christ Peter, you have to let it go.”

Peter ground his teeth, his mind taking him back to that Christmas morning when he was seven. “You’re going down, Claus. I’ve got you on B&E, tax evasion, illegal import of goods. You think you’re above the law? Well this is the end of the road.”

“Peter, I do my best every year but even I have my limits.”

“Excuses.”

“I’m sorry you never got your Millennium Falcon. But you can’t let your hatred ruin future Christmas’ for others. Especially your son.”

“I don’t have a son. My wife can’t . . .”

“Merry Christmas, Peter.”




GET OUT CLAUS

The large door moans as it opens. The man’s heavy, steel chains rattle as he flinches.

A large, grey skinned man in a robe walks in and sits opposite. He slams a pile of parchment down on the stone table.

“Claus Atnas, you have crossed over to the other side and now stand judgment. You’ve persisted with a life of theft. You have taken from others with no remorse. What have you to say?”

“It was steal or die. I had no choice. I’ll face my verdict.”

“Perhaps you’d like a chance to make things right? I’m here to offer you a choice; you may go to hell as a sinner. . .”

“Or?”

“We have a new role opening up topside. Something that would require someone of your . . . skill set.”

“What would I have to do?”

“How good are you at breaking in and putting things back?”



No comments:

Post a Comment