Search This Blog

Friday, 28 November 2014

Flash! Friday

FF – 28th November 2014

This week the prompt was to include coming of age with the following picture.

Enjoy.




LIKE A WINDMILL

I sat on the beach and watched my sweet Annabelle. She stood waste deep in the calm ocean, still in her school uniform, twirling her red umbrella like a windmill.

I so wanted to stand up and amble down the sands to the water’s edge. I wanted to wade out to stand right next to her. I wanted to hold her hand. I wanted to kiss her.

“Hey Chris, you all right?”

I was brought back to earth by my best friend.

“I know what today is,” he said. “Are you sure you want to be here?”

I looked back at Annabelle. She turned and waved to me, that beautiful smile born from ruby lips letting me know I was going to be okay. Time to live life.

My friend took my outstretched hand and pulled me to my feet. We headed back to the car.

I glanced over my shoulder and she was gone.



WET FRIDAY

I knew we was crazy but the prices the TV’s were going for was too damn good to skip out on. Denise and me had a plan too. Her boyfriend likes that American Football crap and he said, ‘cause Denise was bigger than me that she should be my blocker’.

Perfect.

The shop man unlocks the door and it gets mental real quick. I stick to Denise like chewing gum while people fall down all around and shout words my mother don’t think I know. There’s kicking and screaming and it ain’t all Denise.

We make it to the TV’s but some old bird’s got the last one. I grab a red brolly from a stand behind me and swing it at her.  

She grabs the end of the brolly and mutters something foreign sounding from a Harry Potter movie. Next thing I know I’m not in the shop no more.

I’m in the middle of the shitting ocean!



No comments:

Post a Comment