Search This Blog

Friday, 8 August 2014

Flash! Friday

FF – 8th August 2014

This week the prompt was to include a wedding with the following picture.
Enjoy.




QUEEN OF THE CANVAS

Place your hand on the spell book, your majesty,” said the sorcerer.
I did so. My husband, the king, sat across from me, his eyes fighting back tears.
“Do not forget us,” he said.
“I won’t. Once I am cured I will return, I promise.”
“I’m sorry the magic of my world could not help you.”
“Hush. This poison is from my world and it is there that I will be made well again. Today has been magical in so many ways. You owe me a honeymoon.”
My heart skipped as he smiled. I will miss that smile. I truly hope to see it again.
The sorcerer chanted. The booked glowed brighter.
“I love you,” I said.
“I know,” he replied.
There was a flash of light and our castle chambers were gone.

#

I wake on a cold marble floor, back in the gallery where it began. I look into the painting to see my love alone.

Waiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment