Search This Blog

Friday, 22 August 2014

Flash! Friday

FF – 22nd August 2014

This week the prompt was arrogance with the following picture.

Enjoy.





TELL BESS I’M SORRY

Damn the heat.

I’d give anything for shade right now but the sand bank I’ve washed up on holds no refuge from the scorching sun. As my skin roasts I sit and watch the gentle waves that are now the bars to my prison.

Beneath the surface lays the remains of my ship, smashed to pieces in last night’s furious storm. Nothing much left now but the dead shipmates and splintered timber that litters the seabed.

Of course there is still Bess; the once beautiful figurehead who has led my ship, bosom first, around this globe. We shared many adventures together, her and I and this is how I repay her. I let her down and now her scared face mocks me. How foolish I was to take on nature.

With no food, no water and no hope of escape I await my slow execution.



No comments:

Post a Comment